Last Updated: September 13, 2022
Collection of Information
FloatMe may collect the following categories of personal information about you, including but not limited to the following:
- Registration Information: When you register for a Service, you will be asked for basic registration information, such as an email address and password.
- Identification Information: You may also be asked to provide identification information to confirm your identity, including your first and last name, zip code and phone number.
- Third-Party Credentials: You may also enter in certain passwords, usernames, account numbers, and other account information for third-party sites and Internet services ("Third Party-Sites").
- Information from Third-Party Sites: In order to display information to you or to fulfill your requests for certain products and services through a Service, we may collect, on your behalf, your account and other personal information from Third-Party Sites that you register under your account via the Service.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Web Beacons: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in device memory by a website. Among other things, cookies support the integrity of our registration process, retain your preferences and account settings, and help evaluate and compile aggregated statistics about user activity. We may also collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails. We may use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
- Technical and Navigational Information: We may collect your computer browser type, Internet protocol address, pages visited, and average time spent on our Site. This information may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues, or it may be analyzed to improve our web design and functionality.
- Device ID: When you use the mobile versions of our Site, we may collect the unique device identifier assigned to that device by phone makers, carriers, or makers of the operating system (the "Device ID"). Device IDs allow app developers, and others to uniquely identify your device for purposes of storing application preferences and other data.
Use of Your Information
We may use the information you provide about yourself and about your Third-Party Sites to fulfill your requests for our products, programs, and Services, to respond to your inquiries about our Services.
We may use your information to complete transactions you request, to verify the existence and condition of your accounts, or to assist with a transaction. For example, we may use the account information you provide or that we collect from Third-Party Sites to confirm your accounts are valid and to access funds from your accounts in connection with fulfillment of the Services.
We may use your information to improve and personalize the Services. For example, we may use your information to pre-fill form fields on the Sites for your convenience.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information about you as follows:
- With third parties to provide, maintain, and improve our Services;
- In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business;
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process;
- In order to investigate, prevent, defend against, or take other action regarding violations of our Terms of Service, illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the legal rights or physical safety of any person or the security of our network, Sites or Services;
- To respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third parties;
- In an emergency, to protect the health and safety of our Sites' users or the general public; or
- As otherwise required by law.
We take reasonable measures, which may include, but are not limited to, firewall barriers, SSL encryption techniques, and authentication procedures, to help protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. No system, however, is perfectly secure.
We may provide our registered customers with summaries of their Account Information and email alerts. We may also allow users to subscribe to email newsletters and from time to time may transmit emails promoting FloatMe or third-party goods or services.
Subscribers have the ability to opt out of receiving our promotional emails and to terminate their newsletter subscriptions by following the instructions in the emails. Opting out in this manner will not end transmission of service-related emails, such as email alerts.
Changes to Your Personal Information
If you wish to access personal information that you have submitted to us or to request the correction of any inaccurate information you have submitted to us, you may correct certain information via your user account. Alternatively, you can send an email that includes your verifiable contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org to request any corrections to your personal information.
You may also email us if you wish to deactivate your account, but even after you deactivate your account, we may retain archived copies of information about you for a period of time that is consistent with applicable law.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, or if you have any questions or suggestions, please contact email@example.com